Mariam Mosque’s 9 Thesis of Reform
Mariam Mosque’s vision is to implement 9 principles of Muslim reform. The number 9 is a metaphor for the infinite. We will face new dilemmas as a minority in The West. Muslim spiritual and religious leaders are obligated to find solutions to existing and future dilemmas in the Muslim youth. Therefore, these theses of reform is a metaphor for the ongoing search for knowledge and development within our Muslim communities.
- Muslim women’s right to serve as female imams
- Muslim women’s right to divorce
- Muslim women’s right to interfaith marriage
- A re-reading of the Quran with a focus on gender equality
- Fighting the growing anti-Islamic rhetoric and propaganda as well as antisemitism
- Promoting Sufism and Islamic pluralism.
- Challenge patriarchal structures, practices and manipulated dichotomies
- Protecting minorities (homosexuals) from discrimination and hate crimes
- Fight against female genital mutilation globally